Tuesday, June 14, 2011

Rainy Days Mean Time for Baking!

It has been a rainy week. Non-stop thunderstorms and rain, boo.  The one good thing as a result of such days? Baking.

 
Well, it WAS my driveway...

So I was able to check another item off my baking to do list. The other morning, my boyfriend and I made these Double Pumpkin Applesauce Muffins.

The recipe made 2 dozen. It was more than enough to share with my boyfriend's family!
I found the recipe on a blog that I follow called Sprinkled With Flour.  I really enjoy reading this blog because the author, Amber, is always seeking ways to make recipes healthier and tastier! She tweaked the original recipe that was printed in the Oprah Magazine Cookbook.  I followed Amber's suggestion (or rather, original mistake) of adding the entire can of pumpkin.  The result was a wonderfully tender and yummy muffin.  Mmm these were quite delicious, and the raisins really added to them! I can't wait to try more muffins!

This is before I added butter... it is a weakness of mine.

No comments:

Post a Comment